Friday, September 30, 2011

Le Guess Who? introduces part 3: Okkervil River

Want to get to know Okkervil River on a more personal level? Their latest video lets you do that from the comfort of your own laptop. Pitchfork has premiered the new video from Okkervil River for their song "Your Past Life as a Blast." Band leader Will Sheff explains:

"Like many kids of the late 70s and early 80s, my dad was often hovering around with a Super 8 camera, filming my mom and me and – as time passed – my younger brother and sister. I remember him projecting these movies on a bare wall and, eventually, the movies becoming as much a part of my memory as the original events he had filmed. I thought it would be cool to use actual footage of those memories in the video itself, to make a really personal kind of rock video."

"For the “Your Past Life as a Blast” video, I worked with the editor Alan Del Río Ortíz to turn my dad’s home movies into a short condensed film of someone’s childhood, a little home-movie music video, about moms and dads and kids, and how it felt."

Writing songs with a personal vibe is not strange to Okkervil River, who have garnered positive critical reception worldwide for their songwriting, intricate instrumentation, and thematic albums. The band from Austin, Texas was formed in 1998 and has released six full length albums since. This Spring, they released their latest named 'I Am Very Far'. To promote the album, the band went on tour in June 2011 with Titus Andronicus, Julianna Barwick, Future Islands and NewVillager. They will be back on tour this fall, including a show at Le Guess Who? on Saturday November 26th!



Buy your passepartout or day tickets via http://www.leguesswho.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment